Monday, June 23, 2008

A service of prayer

I didn't get a chance to blog this until just now, but yesterday morning's service of prayer was an important moment in the life of our congregation. I count myself as very blessed to have the opportunity to be a pastor of this wonderful, prayerful, Christ-full congregation.

I am very much looking forward to the opportunity to have lots more conversation among our members about the ways that God is leading us to be a part of His mission to reach our world.
For any of you who are following along with our vision discernment process via this blog, feel free to chime in with your comments as a way to start those conversations even now.

One specific thought from my end:
I wrote more about this for the cover of the July newsletter, but one of the main things that God reinforced for me yesterday is my appreciation for First Lutheran's past. As we look forward to the paths that God is calling us to walk in the future, I am struck by the value of the roads that have lead us to this point. Without God's leading and without the faith and obedience of members in First Lutheran's past, we would never be where we are now and our options for moving forward would be far more limited.



As we contemplate the steps of our journey forward, thanks be to God for the steps that have brought us this far.

No comments: